Opportunities Unlimited for the Blind is a 501c3 charitable organization. Your gift may be tax deductible. We treasure your support!
This list is getting smaller every year, thanks to many individuals who have helped us reach our goals and supply our camp with the tools we need to help our campers be successful!
- Funds for staff salaries – they earn it!
- 12-Passenger van in good condition.
- 7-passenger mini-van in good condition
General Camp Needs:
- Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, the brown towels on rolls for dispensers, liquid hand soap, kleenex)
- Bottled water (camp water is safe, of course, but tastes “funny” to most of our kids)
- Child-safe sunscreen, insect repellent, hand sanitizer and wipes
- AA and AAA batteries for walkie talkies
- 2-way radios, professional version
- Van clean up kits for each van (2) – whisk brooms, paper towels, antiseptic wipes, hand sanitizer, air fresheners, etc.
- Small kitchen appliances (used is fine) like coffee makers, mixers, toasters, microwaves and hot plates
- Silicone, felt, or plastic furniture “dots” to use for marking kitchen tools, etc
- Large mixing spoons, rubber scrapers, etc.
- Gift cards to Home Depot, sporting goods stores, Lowes, Meijer, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Michaels, etc (to purchase kitchen tools, crafts, and replacement tent poles!)
- Craft Supplies: Washable markers, crayons, glue dots, duct tape, wooden beads, Playdoh, feathers, wire, wire cutters, leather embossing kits, leather laces, air dry modeling dough, small flower pots, quick dry craft glue, art paper, yarn, string, etc! Feel free to clean out your craft cupboard at home!
Adventure Trip Needs:
- Tool kit for camping including duct tape, heavy duty wire, zip ties, bungee cords, hammer, etc.
- New coolers – preferably the Max Cold kind
- Battery or electric fans, sleeping bags, flashlights, extra batteries
- Replacement camping stove parts
- Braille labeler and clear label tape
- Printer paper
- Printing services (gift card)
- Office supplies (pens, pencils, markers, blank address labels)
We encourage every camper to bring at least one small item to donate!
What one cannot do alone, we can do together
Questions? Delivery issues? Contact: Gwen Botting, Executive Director Opportunities Unlimited for the Blind 4175 Westbrook Road, Ionia MI 48846 email@example.com 989-855-2430 or 616-755-2221 (c)