Opportunities Unlimited for the Blind is a 501c3 charitable organization. We treasure your support!
- LARGE 12-Passenger van in good condition.
- 7-passenger mini-van in good condition
- Good new or used cooking gear
- Rimmed cookie sheets, 6
- Stock Pots, 2
- Skillets, 12 inch, 2
- Sauce pans, 2 medium and 2 large
- Complete list at end of this list
Critical Monetary Needs:
- $100 to fill our van gas tank once
- $300 to sponsor one staff member for a week
- $2100 to sponsor one staff person for the summer
- $10,000 to sponsor one half of a camp session!
- $20,000 to sponsor an entire camp session!!!
Scholarship Funds: Gail Smith Scholarship Fund inaugural year! Any gift is greatly appreciated. Gail Smith has been our chief benefactor for many years and recently passed away. This fund is in her memory.
General Camp Needs:
- AA and AAA batteries for our walkie talkies
- 2-way radios, professional version
- Child-safe sunscreen, insect repellent, hand sanitizer and wipes
- Tool kits for each van (2)
- First Aid kits for each van (2)
- Van clean up kits for each van (2) – whisk brooms, paper towels, wipes, air fresheners
- Small kitchen appliances (used is fine) like blenders, mixers and toasters
- Silicone, felt, or plastic furniture “dots” to use for marking kitchen tools, etc
- Large mixing spoons, rubber scrapers, etc.
- Gift cards to Home Depot, MC Sports, Lowes, Meijer, Bed, Bath and Beyond, etc (to purchase kitchen tools, crafts, and replacement tent poles!)
- Braille compasses
- Craft Supplies: Washable markers, crayons, glue dots, metal window screen, 9×12 inch plywood boards, duct tape, hairdryers, wooden beads, Playdoh, feathers, wire, wire cutters, leather laces, air dry modeling dough, small flower pots, quick dry craft glue, art paper, yarn, string, etc!
- Kleenex (any brand is fine!)
Adventure Trip Needs:
- Two shelters (awnings) (prefer 12×12 so they can go over a picnic table), extra tie downs
- Tool kit for camping including duct tape, heavy duty wire, zip ties, bungee cords, hammer, etc.
- Electric fans, sleeping bags, flashlights, extra batteries, toilet paper, hatchet, lighters for camping
- Sturdy plastic (melamine or similar) plates, bowls, cups, pots and pans, paper towels, cloth towels, potholders, cooking utensils
- Replacement camping stove parts
Kitchen Equipment Needs:
- 2 Skillets – 12” or larger, preferably with lids
- 2 Skillets – 10” or smaller, preferably with lids
- 2 Stock pots – 6-8 quart size
- 2 large colanders
- 2 saucepots – 3-4 quart size
- 6 Tongs
- 6 Flippers (spatulas for turning food in a pan)
- 6 rubber scrapers (spatulas)
- 2 large whisks
- 2 medium whisks
- 6 Large cooking spoons
- 6 Large serving spoons
- 8 kitchen knives of various sizes
- 2 vegetable peelers
- 6 large cutting boards, color coded if you have them
- 6 Sheet pans, ½ size (12” x 17”)
- 2 Cake pans 9”x 13”
- 2 roasting pans (2” sides) at least 9”x13”, preferably 10 x 15
- 6 various sized hotel pans with lids small enough to go in residential style oven
- 6 loaf pans 8×4 or 9×5 or longer
- 6 Glass pie plates and/or mixing bowls for use in microwave
- Muffin pans for 3-4 dozen muffins
- 8 cooling racks
- 2 Cheese/ vegetable graters
- 2 sets of at least 3 sizes of mixing bowls
- 3 serving bowls suitable for salads/pasta, etc, various sizes
- 2 crock pots
- 24 aprons
- 10 hot pads/oven mitts
- Dish sanitizer for hand washing items
- Small buckets for sanitizer solution
- Plastic food wrap, aluminum foil, food storage bags, twist ties
- Non-stick spray
- Nylon scrubbers for dishes
- 6 food storage containers of various sizes with lids that seal
- 4 pitchers for juice/drink mix ½ gallon or 1 gallon size
- Plates, bowls, cups and silverware for 45 people
- 20 food service trays
- Containers for silverware and/or drawer separators
- Box of Braille paper for Perkins Brailler
- Braille labeler and clear label tape
- Plastic spines for Braille books
- Printing services (gift card)
- Office supplies
We encourage every camper to bring at least one small item to donate!
What one cannot do alone, we can do together!
Your gift may be tax deductible.
Questions? Delivery issues? Contact:
Gwen Botting, Executive Director
Opportunities Unlimited for the Blind
4175 Westbrook Road, Ionia MI 48846
989-855-2430 or 616-755-2221