Opportunities Unlimited for the Blind is a 501c3 charitable organization. We treasure your support!
This list is getting smaller every year, thanks to many individuals who have helped us reach our goals and supply our camp with the tools we need to help our campers be successful!
- New dishwashing system – and advice!
- 12-Passenger van in good condition.
- 7-passenger mini-van in good condition
- Critical Funds for:
- $100 to fill our van gas tank once
$350 for replacement tentTHANK YOU! Friends from Whitehall- Montague!
- $350 to sponsor one staff member for a week
- $2100 to sponsor one staff person for the summer
- $10,000 to sponsor one half of a camp session!
- $20,000 to sponsor an entire camp session!!!
General Camp Needs:
- AA and AAA batteries for walkie talkies
- 2-way radios, professional version
- Child-safe sunscreen, insect repellent, hand sanitizer and wipes
- Bottled water (camp water is safe, of course, but it tastes “funny” to most of our kids)
- Van clean up kits for each van (2) – whisk brooms, paper towels, antiseptic wipes, hand sanitizer, air fresheners, etc.
- Small kitchen appliances (used is fine) like coffee makers, mixers, toasters, microwaves and hot plates
- Silicone, felt, or plastic furniture “dots” to use for marking kitchen tools, etc
- Large mixing spoons, rubber scrapers, etc.
- Gift cards to Home Depot, MC Sports, Lowes, Meijer, Bed, Bath and Beyond, etc (to purchase kitchen tools, crafts, and replacement tent poles!)
- Craft Supplies: Washable markers, crayons, glue dots, metal window screen, 9×12 inch plywood boards, duct tape, hairdryers, wooden beads, Playdoh, feathers, wire, wire cutters, leather embossing kits, leather laces, air dry modeling dough, small flower pots, quick dry craft glue, art paper, yarn, string, etc!
- Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, the brow towels on rolls for dispensers, liquid hand soap, facial tissue)
Adventure Trip Needs:
- Tool kit for camping including duct tape, heavy duty wire, zip ties, bungee cords, hammer, etc.
- New coolers– preferably the Max Cold kind
- Battery or electric fans, sleeping bags, flashlights, extra batteries, for camping
- Replacement camping stove parts
- Braille paper for Perkins Brailler and clear label tape
- Printer paper
- Printing services (gift card)
- Office supplies (pens, pencils, markers, blank address labels)
We encourage every camper to bring at least one small item to donate!
What one cannot do alone, we can do together!
Opportunities Unlimited for the Blind is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Your gift may be tax deductible.
Questions? Delivery issues? Contact:
Gwen Botting, Executive Director
Opportunities Unlimited for the Blind
4175 Westbrook Road, Ionia MI 48846
989-855-2430 or 616-755-2221