Opportunities Unlimited for the Blind is a 501c3 charitable organization. Your gift may be tax deductible. We treasure your support!
This list is getting smaller every year, thanks to many individuals who have helped us reach our goals and supply our camp with the tools we need to help our campers be successful!
You can help OUB get the things we need and keep money in your own pocket by using the Capital One Shopping Tool. Visit CaptialOneShopping.com to get started.
- Funds for staff salaries – they earn it!
- Funds for refillable water bottles
- Culligan water service for 6 weeks– we’ve switched to reusable water bottles and though camp water is safe to drink, some campers and staff prefer non-well water
- 12-Passenger van in good condition
General Camp Needs:
- Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, the brown towels on rolls for dispensers, kleenex)
- Kitchen sanitizer wipes, such as Clorox
- Hand sanitizer and wipes
- Van clean up kits for each van (3) – whisk brooms, paper towels, antiseptic wipes, hand sanitizer, air fresheners, etc.
- Small kitchen appliances (used is fine) like mixers, food processors, microwaves and hot plates (we have plenty of toasters and blenders, thank you!)
- Silicone, felt, or plastic furniture “dots” to use for marking kitchen tools, etc
- Large stainless steel mixing spoons, rubber scrapers, etc.
- Pantry staples, like pasta, tomato sauce, juice boxes, muffin mixes, etc.
- Gift cards to Costco, Meijer, and Gordon Food Service for general groceries
- Gift cards to Home Depot, sporting goods stores, Lowes, Meijer, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Michaels, etc (to purchase kitchen tools, crafts, and replacement tent poles!)
- Craft Supplies: Washable markers, crayons, glue dots, colored duct tape, wooden beads, feathers, wire, wire cutters, leather embossing kits, leather laces, air dry modeling dough, small flower pots, quick dry craft glue, art paper, yarn, string, etc! Feel free to clean out your craft cupboard at home!
Adventure Trip Needs:
- Tool kit for camping including duct tape, heavy duty wire, zip ties, bungee cords, hammer, etc.
- Small battery or electric fans, sleeping bags, flashlights, extra batteries (C and D size)
- Braille labeler and clear label tape
- Printer paper
- Office supplies (pens, pencils, markers, blank address labels)
We encourage every camper to bring at least one small item to donate!
What one cannot do alone, we can do together
Questions? Delivery issues? Contact: Gwen Botting, Executive Director Opportunities Unlimited for the Blind 4175 Westbrook Road, Ionia MI 48846 firstname.lastname@example.org 989-855-2430 or 616-755-2221 (c)